Jewellery by Design (JBD) was established in 2006 as an independently and locally owned retailer. The JBD brand stands for quality, affordable luxury, exceptional customer service and above all, the very best in jewellery design and creation. When looking for custom diamond jewellery designs, look no further than JBD!
These brand values have led to JBD building a strong and loyal customer base throughout the Townsville and North/North West Queensland region. Customers return long after their initial purchase to select other pieces to mark special and significant occasions. On-site jewellers with over 25 years’ experience between them are available 6 days per week and together with consultant staff, provide customers with expert friendly advice, creative designs and quality workmanship.
Antwerp Diamond Broker (ADB)
Jewellery by Design sources loose diamonds from the diamond capital of the world – Antwerp, Belgium. As an official “ADB” Broker with an office in the heart of the diamond district, JBD buyers select from the widest possible range of stones in terms of size, cut, colour and price. Official Antwerp Diamond Broker certification gives jewellers access to the very best diamonds on the market. They maintain an ethical stance on diamond exchange and ensure that the products are of the highest quality. As a result, JBD provides customers with significant savings on retail prices.
Custom diamond jewellery designs
For special occasions such as engagements and weddings, JBD leads the way in diamonds. In-store diamond graders select all of the diamonds in the Signature Collection, ensuring some of the world’s best cuts are available for our customers, at the best price. In addition to diamonds hand-selected in Antwerp, JBD are exclusive stockists for the Australian Chocolate Diamond range and the Pink Kimberley Australia Collection.
JBD has been successful in the international jewellery industry, taking out an award for craftsmanship at the International Jewellery Design Excellence Awards in Hong Kong. The jewellers at JBD have proven themselves to be leading edge designers and manufacturers.
Jewellery by Design helps create life’s special memories. On-site jewellers and sales staff are committed to helping customers through every step – selection, design and purchase. The design experts sit down with customers to listen to their ideas, offer suggestions and bring those ideas to life. They talk with customers to offer guidance and advice to ensure that every piece of jewellery is perfect for the occasion.
When an initial sketch is completed and the customer is happy, a quote is provided. If proceeding, a 20% deposit will get it started. If the customer is not ready to proceed, quotes are valid for 30 days, and all details kept on file including the sketch and quote for 6 months.
JBD jewellers value the design and creation part of the business and believe in developing the next generation of jewellers by offering apprenticeships and fostering a team spirit culture.
Restoration and repairs
On-site jewellers are also available for repairs, restorations, remodelling and redesigns, providing peace of mind and assurance of quality.
JBD jewellers also offer antique restoration and remodelling. Antique jewellery may need some particular attention to bring it back to a wearable state. The jewellers will happily assess and advise on what is required for restoration.
If it cannot be restored, the piece can be replicated or remodelled. Jewellery by Design can re-create the original design or modify it, using existing stones or adding others as needed.
Also on Facebook:
- I recently went to JBD to buy a freshwater pearl necklace for my daughter’s birthday. The staff were just fantastic from the moment I walked in they were friendly, professional and helpful. Highly recommend JBD and a big thank you for the voucher we were given when we went out for dinner that night that was a complete surprise. (N.D. June 2018)
- I went to JBD to get a custom designed engagement ring. Martyn was absolutely amazing with advice on the best materials and tweaks to the design. The final result just blew me away. Thank you to Bevan, Martyn and all the team for all your help in making our engagement truly magical. (B.L. July 2018)
- Would just like to say a massive thank you to Sharon!! My now fiancé and I went in there to look at rings a few months ago and she made the process so incredibly easy!! I have just received my ring and am absolutely in love with it! I wouldn’t have been able to find such an incredible piece without her expertise and ridiculous amount of knowledge on every ring! This was my first experience dealing with JBD and I can definitely say there will be many more! Would 100% recommend them as the best in town! (M.P. Jan 2017)
• Inspection, cleaning and polishing
• Polishing of Army Brass
• Chain soldering and shortening
• Charm soldering
• Jewellery repairs
• Watch batteries and links
Explore Jewellery by Design at your leisure.
For more info on custom design jewellery, click here.